The SSRI grants office specializes in research development assistance, including the identification of funding opportunities that fit the Principal Investigator’s research mission, as well as help with proposal editing. We can provide advice and assistance to PIs and project managers on the IRB submission process, coordinate and facilitate preparation of materials for proposal submission, establish an administrative structure for a recently awarded project, ensure project requirements (e.g., IRB approvals) are in place, and provide ongoing support for reporting requirements.
Proposal, pre- and post-award activities include:
- reviewing and coordinating agency requirements
- constructing the nontechnical sections of proposals
- reviewing proposals to ensure they comply with agency requirements
- obtaining university approvals
- submitting proposals through electronic submission systems
- coordinating progress and final reports to agencies and foundations
- monitoring compliance for reporting and IRB deadlines
Duke’s Office of Research Support provides an extensive, online database of funding opportunities as a resource for the entire Duke University research community. The site has a brand new design and interface to make searching easier than ever! The database is searchable by discipline, eligibility, sponsor, and more.